Thursday, June 20, 2013

TEDxKyiv 2013

"Время летит" -- "time flies." The last three weeks--my first three weeks in Kiev--have flown by, which isn't surprising considering my daily schedule involves 3 hours of Russian class, 4 hours of work at my internship at Ukrsotsbank, and another 2 hours or so on the metro. And that doesn't even include a daily minimum of 2 hours spent doing my Russian homework, or trying to translate various business articles in Forbes Russia, Власть денег, and other publications, so I can learn more business-specific words.

With that being said, I obviously haven't had much time to blog lately; but I did want to share my thoughts on the recent TEDxKyiv 2013 conference, which I had the opportunity to attend last weekend in Kiev. I wrote about the conference for the website of my study abroad program, SRAS, and you can read my full article here: http://students.sras.org/tedxkyiv-conference-ideas-worth-spreading/

Going to a TED conference had long been on my bucket list, and to have the opportunity to cross that off my list relatively early in life--and in a foreign country, no less--was outstanding. I'd highly recommend the TEDxKyiv conference to anyone who visits Kiev in the summer, and has both an interest in "big ideas" and entrepreneurship, as well as at least a minimal knowledge of Russian/Ukrainian.


1 comment: