Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cabbage at a Kiev Bank

Found the perfect photo to add to my blog today while walking around Kiev: a picture of a bank advertisement from Universal Bank that offers credit for as little as 1.90 UAH per day. It's "cabbage for the cost of cabbage," as the advertisement declares:


I'm spending this weekend trying to experience as much of Kiev as possible and improve my spoken Russian before starting at my internship on Monday or Tuesday. The city is an enigmatic and captivating mix of young and old, ancient and new, Slavic and Cossack and European. From what I can tell, the broader culture reflects the business culture too. I am looking forward to learning about it firsthand by representing UniCredit Ukraine to its shareholders, Ukrainians, and the international business community.

No comments:

Post a Comment