Friday, April 26, 2013

First IB Pitch Competition

The last few weeks have been exhausting and overwhelming, but also very rewarding. I've gone from not knowing what discounted cash flow or enterprise value were, to presenting my first investment banking pitch earlier today. After four days of hard work, on an average of 3 hours of sleep, and in the midst of a sinus infection, I'm pretty proud of my first pitchbook. Along with two of my fellow Kelley Investment Banking Seminar 2014 classmates, I pitched a two-part leveraged buyout strategy for a small, fictional metal casting company ($30m annual revenue) to a panel of current bankers and IU alumni. More details to come...but if this is what I can expect in my future career then I'm definitely looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment