Saturday, April 27, 2013

English-Russian Banking Dictionary

I might be the only IU student to ever check out the book "Новый Англо-Русский Банковский и Экономический Словарь" (New English-Russian Banking and Economic Dictionary) from Wells Library, but I'm pretty happy I found Б.Г. Федоров's reference work. The 2001 edition has translations of over 15,000 words and phrases; for now, I've written down 120 of the most common investment banking terms to learn. Studying investment banking in English is hard enough, but trying to express banking terms in Russian adds another dimension altogether. I think I'll start a "Russian Banking Word of the Week" post here on the blog...but for now I've got plenty to study before my flight for Kiev leaves the tarmac on May 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment